Lab Technician/Research Associate, Molecular Diagnostics
This R&D position is in a molecular diagnostic company and focuses on product development of diagnostic assays in next-generation automated and integrated platforms. The ideal candidate should have some experience in general molecular biology methods, including PCR, microbiology and/or oncology. The lab technician will be responsible for hands-on work at the molecular biology lab bench to isolate and purify DNA and RNA from clinical samples, prepare reagents, perform real-time PCRs, analyze results, optimize the target specific component(s), and perform verification and validation tests for new assays. The individual in this position will also interact directly with external vendors to evaluate and purchase laboratory supplies/instrumentation, as well as work in compliance with guidelines and regulations of good laboratory practices.
The Lab technician/Associate Scientist position is an entry-level position with potential for future growth.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in a life science discipline such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Microbiology.
• Excellent laboratory techniques in molecular biology (PCR and related molecular amplification and detection technologies) and in microbiology (bacterial cell culture), including ordering and maintaining laboratory reagents, supplies, equipment and instruments.
• Understanding of laboratory and biological safety regulations is beneficial.
• Candidate should have strong attention to detail, self-motivation, exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent computer software proficiencies (Microsoft- Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), with basic understanding of coding languages a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.