Director, Outsourcing COE
The AbbVie Outsourcing COE mission is to partner with stakeholders to drive consistent value through AbbVie's Outsourcing relationships while mitigating the associated risks. The COE leads the development and implementation of the outsourcing strategy and governance infrastructure to ensure achievement of AbbVie's short term and long term outsourcing objectives, and establishes the enterprise risk mitigation strategy for outsourced activities across the enterprise. Team members in the COE work with internal stakeholders to ensure that Service Providers are meeting the needs of the business and delivering the contracted value to AbbVie.
This position is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago and is not a role that can be remote.
The Director, Outsourcing COE, reports to the Senior Director, Outsourcing COE and defines the standard methodology principles to effectively lead and demonstrate AbbVie's Outsourcing providers. The selected individual will provide consultative support to internal partners and ensure that they are handling Outsourcing providers according to the AbbVie's Services Outsourcing Policy. Specifically, you will:
- Drive program expansion for the Outsourcing COE into newer areas across the organization while driving compliance with AbbVie's purchasing policies;
- Support stakeholders in assigned areas with their outsourcing initiatives, across the outsourcing lifecycle: from outsourcing strategy and sourcing to post-contract governance.
- Partner with HR/Total-Talent to expand the 3PW/Total-Talent program.
- Ultimately, this position is accountable for improving the value attained from AbbVie's Outsourcing agreements, ensuring that both AbbVie and service providers fulfill their contractual, performance, and financial obligations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to internal stakeholders across the Outsourcing lifecycle (Program Management, Negotiations, Financial Modeling, Relationship mediation, Governance, etc.)
- Partner with HR to collaborate with R&D, Commercial, Operations, BTS and Corporate stakeholder groups and bring in incremental SOW supplier spend under 3PW management
- Interacts with internal stakeholders on an executive & operational level within and outside of the Outsourcing COE to ensure that Outsourcing service provider activities are in line with the Enterprise Outsourcing strategy
- Collaborate with Outsourcing COE peers and ensure that the business owners are leading outsourcing providers according to the AbbVie Enterprise Outsourcing Governance Program and that service provider activities are addressing the needs of the organization
- Identifying new process opportunities for outsourcing
- Implement best practice principles to effectively manage and leverage AbbVie's services outsourcing providers
- Provides recommendations to internal partners based on meaningful market and industry information gathered through research and analysis
- Facilitates change management activities with the service provider as well as the internal organization as it relates to bringing Outsourcing services back in house, changing Outsourcing services, strategic changes, etc.
- Plans, implements, and tracks initiatives to drive continuous service and process improvement across AbbVie's outsourcing suppliers.
- Support the development and stewardship of the AbbVie Outsourcing COE Roadmap.
- Develop and share viewpoints on current market and industry information, service provider profiles, etc.
- Support internal governance committees and meetings.
- Ensure that resources are in place and tactics developed and executed to achieve agreed upon goals and strategies
- Provide mentorship oversight and coaching for negotiating teams and may often act as the "closer" in difficult negotiations
- Establish methodologies and tools to bring together market and service provider profile information while ensuring the Outsourcing COE and its stakeholders have the most up to date information for decisioning and strategizing
- Network externally to facilitate competitive intelligence including governance best practices, emerging / potential sources of competitive advantage, market pricing, benchmarking, etc. to support AbbVie's outsourcing strategy
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in the area of business process outsourcing (BPO) and/or technology outsourcing, preferably with architecting and delivering outsourcing services.
- An ideal candidate will have experience with driving groundbreaking programs across vendor management or procurement
- Delivery experience in various business functions like Finance & Accounting BPO, IT Outsourcing, HR Outsourcing, etc is a must-have
- Knowledge of the outsourcing process flow with end to end implementation from internal assessment to governance.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise to internal teams
- Ability to bring to bear relationships, influence and partner with internal teams to help them achieve their objectives
- Excellent supplier relationship building, supplier expectation management, resource planning and process thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey overall engagement objectives and maintain open lines of communication between the internal partners and the service providers
- Broad analytical skills to review supplier proposals/solutions, resolve supplier management issues, and conduct research
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, garner support, influence, collaborate and work effectively with internal stakeholders and divisions
- Experience influencing and advancing within matrixed organizations to drive decisions
- Experience working for a global organization, with international project experience and cross-cultural implementation success
- Working knowledge of the technical skills pertinent to multiple outsourcing functional areas
- Capable of making discernments regarding Service Provider Capabilities, Service Levels, Resource Units, Financial Analysis, Issue Management, Dispute Resolution, Pricing Methodologies & Appropriateness, Process Transformation & Automation, Outsourcing Contract Management
- Experience in implementing and leading vendor management systems like Fieldglass, Beeline, etc.
- Detail oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Design thinking i.e. ability to think end-to-end
- Negotiate optimal deal structures
- Ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups
- Presentation experience to large and executive audiences
- 6-8 years of experience managing outsourcing programs and successfully executing an outsourcing vendor management & governance program
- Experience in implementing and handling vendor management systems like Fieldglass, Beeline, etc.
- Consultative and continuous improvement focused
- Management Consulting experience preferred
- Certifications like Certified Outsourcing Professional are a plus
- Have extensive experience in managing large, complex outsourcing initiatives or leading large teams involving outsourcing
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience preferred