Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing & Contracting
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. As a member of the US Strategic Pricing & Contracting (SPC) team, this Senior Manager is integral to Amgen's financial sales performance. The Senior Manager will lead pricing and contracting activities for Amgen's top national Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. They will serve as SPC's single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for the MCO customers they support.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. They will be the primary contract owner for their MCO client responsibilities. The Senior Manager will also contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses.
- Facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal committees such as Oversight Committee and Pricing Committee for key MCO customers
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account representative (OCT), Legal and other SPC stakeholders
- Inform the SPC pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Ensure accuracy of all financial analytics as they apply to MCO customers
- Participate in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, OCT, customers, Legal, and SPC teams as necessary
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
Master's degree and 4 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a bio-pharma or related business environment
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
Associates degree and 10 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Pricing & Contracts experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- Advanced degree (i.e. JD, MBA or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Sales and Marketing experience
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.