US-Based Sales Manager
About the Company:
Located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, GL CHEMTEC INTERNATIONAL (GLC) is a progressive, discovery phase contract research organization. We focus on the custom synthesis of fine chemicals, intermediates, and new materials for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and materials science industries. Our ~30,000 square foot facilities house our R&D and analytical laboratories as well as our Class 6 cleanroom. For over a decade, we have worked with clients at home and abroad to deliver innovative chemistry solutions to their complex challenges. Our specialties include the synthesis of small molecules, synthetic route development and optimization, scale-up, air-sensitive chemistry, polymer chemistry and analytical chemistry. We have since expanded our core competencies to include the delivery of new technologies to the materials science industries and prototyping. We will continue to push boundaries to remain an industry front-runner and a leader in taking new technologies from concept to commercialization.
GL CHEMTEC credits its talented team for its ability to find solutions to complex problems, quickly. We have an integrated and dynamic team with transferable skills and experience in multiple disciplines. With access to a rare arsenal of high-tech equipment, GL CHEMTEC stands apart from the competition as a leading chemistry solution provider.
We are proud to be ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified.
As the Sales Manager, you will report directly to the to the VP. You will design and implement the strategies and carry out related actions for the profitable development of GLC’s Contract Services Business. You will be responsible for meeting sales and revenue targets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with upper management in order to continually refresh the company’s strategy, goals, and budgets for target sales in the United States (both short and long-term)
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, generate and qualify new leads, manage the sales cycle to successfully close new business
- Call on prospective accounts, provide technical and administrative information, coordinate presentations, and support proposal generation. Prepare client-specific presentations and other data in order to respond to client needs.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills when negotiating contracts and/or bids and build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with potential external partners
- Effectively liaise and support external and internal client/team relationships
- Achieve a high-level of customer satisfaction through communication and effective follow-ups
- Stay up to date on current marketplace conditions in order to effectively promote GL CHEMTEC’s services
- Participate in marketing activities and selection of trade shows
- Assist upper management in identifying market potential by evaluating client requirements, competitors’ share, and competitors’ advantages and weaknesses.
- Use CRM management software on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Material Science, or another related scientific discipline preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of sales experience in discovery, development and/or manufacturing services
- Experience in the CRO/CMO industry of identifying new business opportunities with a track record in the successful closure of sales deals and a demonstrable network of contacts
- A positive and enthusiastic personality with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills - necessary to promote complex services to sophisticated clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology sectors
- Able and willing to operate remotely, whilst remaining a key member of the GL CHEMTEC team
- Able to travel up to 50 % of the time
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to upper management and to the board of directors
- In-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech markets and decision-making dynamics within companies operating in this space
This position is for a US-based candidate.