Manager, Strategic Pricing & Contracting
The Manager, Strategic Pricing & Contracting (SPC) - Commercial Operations is a key member of the US Value & Access organization and SPC team. This position will report to the Sr. Manager - Commercial Operations. Long term, this role will serve as business owner of the StratUS application, the US Commercial, Medicaid and Government programs processing and payment system, responsible for business operations oversight over the system application. Responsibilities include the role of lead liaison with internal and external contacts impacting StratUS in areas including, but not limited to, managing new capability prioritization, open issues and defect management, change impact assessments, quarterly monitoring and control activities, and developing and implementing critical processes and analytics in the oversight of key performance indicators that get presented to management. Initially as we get StratUS application ready for production, this individual will be responsible for leading key areas of the StratUS system implementation project. This position will have a dotted line to the StratUS Project Manager during this time. This individual will be a key member of the StratUS Project Management Office (PMO) and be involved in driving the project forward across the various service areas through management of key deliverables and working cross functionally with internal business partners and the third-party integrator. This role interacts cross functionally with SPC teams, Information Systems, CIM, Trade Operations, Compliance, Internal Audit and third-party system integrators and/or ancillary applications.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate key project meetings including PMO, cross functional weekly updates, and project planning meetings across service areas with limited supervision
- Manage StratUS capabilities request process and facilitate the prioritization with management and work with the system integrator to successfully develop, test and implement functionality
- Partner with system integrator to track and monitor key risks, issues and decisions across the project and ensure appropriate communication to management
- Facilitate controls documentation requirements across service areas working closely with business operations managers and Internal Audit
- Develop key project communications across the organization as a key member of the Change and Training team
- Drive stabilization activities, as the StratUS Business Owner, when modules go into production including owner of system access management, change impacts assessments, tracking open issues to resolution, and quarterly system access and control reporting requirements
- Serve as Point of Contact for StratUS business operations over system enhancement prioritization and issues resolution. Includes key contact with SPC Data Analytics team for reporting needs and/or data generation issues across service areas. Also includes facilitation of proper reporting needs or enhancements by facilitating documentation of requirements originating from the operations team and act as project manager from initial request through implementation
- Manage New Capability Review process and facilitate prioritization with leadership team and work with SPC budget lead to secure funding and business teams to oversee funding request, SOW and invoicing
- Develop and implement StratUS operations key performance metrics, leadership dashboards and business reviews to actively track and communicate status of the StratUS application
- Use of strong and persuasive verbal communication skills to execute and communicate effectively in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment including presenting to Leadership
- Complete various special projects, analyses and reporting including participating in initiatives in areas related to processes and/or procedures, etc. in support of the continued success of StratUS.
Master's degree and 2 years of experience in either sales operations, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in either sales operations, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance
Associate's degree and 10 years of experience in either sales operations, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in either sales operations, commercial contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, auditing, and/or compliance
- Demonstrated experience working as an agent of change within a dynamic organization including specific experiences in project management and lean process improvement
- Demonstrated experience solving analytical and complex business problems and comfort in dealing with ambiguity in determining an appropriate path forward
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control frameworks, audit standards, or compliance protocols
- Self-motivated, identifies, recommends, manages and lead multiple deliverables simultaneously to completion against competing/challenging timelines that support the needs of the business
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and help formulate decisions and recommendations for approach
- Systems experience & skills including Tableau, Excel, Microsoft Project, and other analytical tool-sets.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.