Business Development Manager
- Serves as primary lead for customer relationship management and interpretation of customer needs.
- Selects and manages regional accounts in accordance with divisional needs that fit KlinEra service offerings within the Clinical Research Organization (CRO) market.
- Develops regional strategy aligned with divisional strategies for assigned and discovered regional accounts
- Work with divisional groups to develop successful strategies to win Request For Proposals (RFPs) by providing customer insight to develop bids, solution summaries, bid defenses, and proposals.
- Apprise KlinEra senior management of major meetings and client contacts via top level summaries.
- Liaise with project teams as studies are awarded and maintain contact with clients during trial progression
- Helps develop and implement regional sales strategies and yearly sales goals.
- Identifies and collaborates with opinion leaders, stakeholders, and officials.
- Attends training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, skills and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of FDA requirements for drug approval.
- Keeps customer relationship management database and shared drive updated to reflect all Business Development (BD) Activities
- Works with KlinEra personnel to help develop marketing strategies, identify industry trends, and develop competitive intelligence.
- Travels to prospective sponsor sites, attends industry shows and trade shows as required
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree or comparable business development experience, Graduate degree preferred
- 2-4 year’s business development experience. Demonstrable experience in customer development and sales of services in the range of $100K- $5 Million
- Excellent research, problem solving , verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to listen to clients, extrapolate relevant data, and generate a winning strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate and lead this defined strategy internally with multiple product lines in support of proposal responses and contract negotiations.
- Ability to travel as needed