Research Associate, DMPK-Toxicology
Our Research Associate, DMPK-Toxicology will conduct in-vivo DMPK and safety studies to support advancement of Escient’s small molecule discovery programs. He/she will also participate in the planning and implementation of in vivopharmacology studies, the development of formulations for in-vivo studies, and the authoring of related technical reports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct in-vivo studies in rodents to evaluate the pharmacologic, pharmacokinetic and safety properties of Escient’s small molecule drug candidates
- Summarize those experimental results (within technical reports) which are suitable for inclusion in regulatory filings
- As guided by supervisor, develop formulations suitable for safely delivering Escient’s compounds in vivo by various routes of administration
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary setting of chemistry, biology, pharmacology, supported by external CRO's
- Aid in fostering a culture of authenticity, open communication, transparency, integrity, mutual respect, and freedom to brainstorm and share thoughts and ideas
- Communicate effectively within project teams and work to progress against goals in a multidisciplinary setting
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills:
- B.S. in biology or a related field with at least 2 years of practical experience with rodent handling and dosing and blood/tissue collection techniques in support of PK and safety studies
- Ability to synthesize and summarize scientific data in an accurate and concise manner
- Skilled in the areas of scientific analysis and technical writing
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Graphpad prism
- Alignment with the company’s culture
- Core Competencies:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on research and development environment
- Effective at planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Adept at building strong relationships and collaborating with colleagues at all levels
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Effective communicator in both oral and written form
Office/Lab environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level. Initially work with a variety of local offsite CROs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to use his/her hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. The employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read printouts; and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee will need to be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting including at the bench or in front of a hood. As well, the employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Escient Pharmaceuticals is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Escient also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.