Sr Development Scientist
This position supports Product Development from late concept through clinical validation and is located in Tucson, Arizona. The successful candidate will work with a team of development scientists to bring novel molecular assays through validation, FDA approval, and commercialization.
- Supports molecular diagnostic assay development from late concept through clinical validation.
- Works with a group of development scientists to bring novel molecular assays through validation, FDA approval and commercialization.
- Collaborates with external research and clinical investigators.
Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular, and Cellular Biology or related field plus 5+ years of industrial experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years industrial experience
- Demonstrated experience managing time and projects to meet deadlines.
- Experience with developing IVD products and design controls required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (position requirements at entry):
- NexGen Sequencing (MiSeq, HiSeq, IonTorrent), gene expression and multiplexed assays.
- Product development and design controls for in vitro diagnostics.
- Excellent teamwork across functional groups.
- Ability to initiate, execute and direct scientific research and development activities.
- Understanding of risk management concepts.
- Ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems both technical and organizational.
- Ability to independently set and carry out objectives, and assess project risks.
- Ability to make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and interpret experimental results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT:
- Weekend and evening work required in order to meet deadlines.
- Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and airconditioned environment.
- The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional travel is required