Inside Sales Specialist
Come work with us at NanoTemper Technologies.
NanoTemper has a big mission — to enable researchers to do the best science of their lives. We’ve been around since 2008, developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for protein analysis. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies like Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Sanofi, GSK and Roche as well as leading research institutions around the world are our biggest fans.
Our headquarters is in Munich, Germany with subsidiaries around the world including Cambridge, UK; Kraków, Poland; Copenhagen, Denmark; South San Francisco and Boston, USA; Sao Paulo, Brazil; St. Petersburg, Russia; Bangalore, India; as well as Beijing and Shanghai, China. We’ve also won numerous company and product awards, the most recent being the Innovator of the Year for the Top 100 companies in Germany.
At NanoTemper, we believe that everyone counts and that the right people can do great things together. Collaboration, pride in ownership of your projects, and doing things differently are core to how we operate as a team. Since we’re growing so quickly, we face new challenges everyday. If you’re ready for the quest, then we’d love to hear from you.
As a member of our dynamic, international sales team, you will be responsible for supporting pre-sale activities in North America.
- Execution of pre- sales related scientific activities to maintain and expand business opportunities
- Conducting scientific presentations and product usage demonstrations
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities to exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls of potential customers in the assigned territory, primarily by phone
- Prepare quotations and help to qualify sales opportunities for our Field Sales force
- Monitor and track progress of sales projects
- Complete scientific part of requests for proposals and tenders in an accurate and timely manner
- Optimize the use of our CRM system
- Profitable management of existing customer accounts
- Developing solid customer relationships
- Leading and supporting process improvement initiatives
Education and skills
- BSc or Masters in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 2+ years of Inside Sales experience
- Communication, presentation, commercial negotiation skills are essential
- Strong verbal/phone skills are a must
- Robust background in molecular interaction technologies is a plus
- Well organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and independent working skills
- Team player with excellent networking skills
We are searching for a reliable and flexible team-member, able to adapt easily to new circumstances and with process-oriented thinking and acting.
The position is South San Francisco based. Travel in North America or overseas will only be occasionally needed. We offer competitive compensation, a number of thrilling technology platforms and the opportunity to be a part of and contribute to a dynamic and growing team.