Enterprise PMO Resource Lead
As a member of the Business Technology Solutions Enterprise PMO, you'll be responsible for creating and executing services centered on staffing, assigning and oversight of project and program managers. Manage contracts with PM staffing firms and targeted resources required for project delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a process / service to provide BTS with the right project and program management talent needed to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Partner with project owners to determine the required skills and competencies needed for a project; work with staffing vendors to assess skills and assignments. Responsible for initial interviews and skills assessment.
- Forecast demand to manage supply with opportunities to leverage part time PMs and re-assignment on projects to reduce the cost of training. Develop and maintain a rolling forecast for PM staffing needs based upon project demand and skills needed.
- Partner with the Vendor Management Office to develop and execute preferred provider list and process for staffing firms, resulting in high quality project management resources at a competitive price.
- Partner with ePMO Enablement group to onboard project managers and ensure they are trained in the AbbVie project management processes.
- Determine AbbVie BTS's PM labor strategy including mix of employee and contractor PM's.
- Accountable for helping resolve contractor PM performance issues, if needed, including notifying vendor and finding a replacement PM.
- As part of the ePMO leadership team, contribute to improving process, knowledge and delivery success.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 to 10+ years of related business experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing several large enterprise programs of various types.
- Five years of management experience in project management capacity
- Five years of experience hiring, managing and coaching project managers
- Prior experience running a PMO is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to develop solid relationships across organization
- Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled