Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR SCIENTIST – ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY CONTROL
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Analytical Development and Quality Control team as a senior scientist working in a collaborative GMP environment. This is a dynamic role for someone interested in integrating science and software.
- Solve technical computer problems relating to computerized data systems for analytical instrumentation, and IONIS custom software, for both in-house and external sites
- Perform routine computer maintenance and troubleshooting for computerized data systems that collect, process, and store analytical data
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and documents for the operation of computer data systems used for analytical instrumentation
- Establish and execute validation protocols for computers that collect, process, and store analytical instrumentation
- Maintain in-house custom computer software for the analysis of drug substance and drug product oligonucleotides
- Train IONIS employees and partner employees on the operation of in-house custom computer software for the analysis of drug substance and drug product oligonucleotides
- Create solutions to new problems using analytical instrumentation computer interfaces, computer hardware, and computer software related tools
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS, MS, or PhD degree in analytical chemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of industry or research experience relating to computerized analytical chemistry data systems
- Experience with chromatography and mass spectrometry related computer data systems
- Experience with server and client Windows computers
- Exhibit the qualities of an energetic, positive, self-motivated, hands-on professional with strong work ethic, able to work well both independently and in a matrixed team environment
- Able to perform and think analytically and creatively to solve computer problems
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, listening – manifesting itself as a style that is clear, concise, and persuasive
- Able to embrace newer computer technology
- Able to travel five to ten percent of the time to solve computer related problems
- Customer service oriented
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.