Protein Analytical Chemist
Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Protein Analytical Chemist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Fremont, CA.
Protein Analytical Chemist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform routine biopharmaceutical characterization studies including UV/Vis, size exclusion and cation exchange chromatography by HPLC, CE-SDS, and iCIEF
- Support other methods such as mass spectrometry (MS) or immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), or qPCR
- Independently initiate and execute complex scientific methods
- Conduct experiments and generate and maintain detailed records/documents
- Participate in method development and method transfer activities
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot methods and instrumentation
- Prepare data for presentation and assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data
- Initiate and perform investigations, as needed
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Previous experience in protein analytics, conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods including UV/Vis, CE-SDS, size exclusion and cation exchange chromatography by HPLC and iCIEF
- Experience with Waters and/or Agilent HPLC systems and Empower software
- Critical thinking skills, ability to manage time, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree with 3-4 years of experience, or Master's degree with 1-2 years of experience conducting protein characterization methods
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.