Associate Scientist, Senior Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated, conscientious, and talented individual with experience with in vivo studies to assist our immuno-oncology teams in performing studies involving analyses of our cellular therapy candidates. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology and is located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego.
- Design, execute and analyze in vivo experiments to test therapeutic hypotheses, build new models/platforms and assess safety profiles for cell therapy drug candidates
- Perform rodent studies including drug administration (IP, SC and IV), bleeding, imaging and tissue collection
- Analyze blood and tissues using a battery of cell and molecular biology techniques (histology, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA/Protein, etc.)
- Culture primary and immortalized cells
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technology for project advancement
- Data collection, analysis, and detailed record keeping
- Coordinate with multiple scientists for scheduling and execution of experiments
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through scientific literature
- B.S. degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or other related fields with minimum 5 years of laboratory experience in an academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting
- Experience working with preclinical tumor models, including mouse handling, dosing, tumor cell implantation, tumor growth analysis and tissue collection techniques
- Experience with cell culture
- Experience in cell and molecular biology analysis of tissues and cells
- Experience with PDX models a plus
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry a plus
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing next-generation cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-associated antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.