Senior Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Who we are:
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in South San Francisco, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
- Assist with antibody target identification efforts
- Generate lysates and subcellular fractions from tissue culture cells (including radiolabeled cells) and mouse tumors
- Perform pilot and preparative immunoprecipitations on cell and tumor extracts
- Purify proteins and other macromolecules using chromatography methods
- Characterize purified material by 1D & 2D western blots, autoradiography
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practice
- Bachelor degree with 4+ years research experience or Master degree with 6+ years research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Extensive experience with designing expression constructs, cloning, cell culture, protein purification using AKTA
- Extensive experience with SDS-PAGE, western blots, immunoprecipitation and ELISA
- Experience characterizing protein-protein interactions using SPR highly desirable
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience.
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.