Scientist II/Senior (Human Cell & Disease Modeling)
You are a talented and motivated Scientist with a passion to join our team and support our viral drug therapy research efforts as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics.
· Demonstrate innovative design, development, and execution of research projects through literature review, expertise, and scientific teamwork.
· Develop complex in vitro cell culture systems.
· Create and characterize disease model systems to determine efficacy of therapeutic vectors.
· Assay development and testing for infectivity and potency of viral lots.
· Perform hands-on laboratory research to move several scientific projects forward.
· Contribute to the design, optimization, verification, and execution of current and new assays.
· Write study reports and manuscripts, and present results at appropriate scientific meetings.
· Maintain compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices.
· Effectively mentor junior level staff and act as a resource for providing scientific expertise.
· Contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning, improvement and innovation and encourages team members to expand their technical skill base and deepen their gene therapy expertise.
· Actively apply new concepts and technologies into the department and company.
· Leveraging a strong understanding of gene therapy principles to design, assess and interpret experimental data, then using the resulting information to inform selection of the optimal vector.
· Ph.D. degree and at least two years of post-doctoral experience in one of the following disciplines: Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Virology, or a related field.
· A strong stem cell biology or organotypic cell culture background (central nervous system knowledge preferred).
· Solid proficiency in cell culture techniques, molecular biology, and immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry procedures.
· Ability to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously.
· Knowledge and working experience in viral gene therapy vector and/or product pre-clinical research and development (adeno associated viral vectors preferred).
· Successful demonstrated ability to work independently in designing, developing, and executing new assay methods.
· Successful demonstrated ability to rigorously analyze and interpret data.
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment; supportive of multiple viewpoints and approaches.
· Understanding and knowledge of key scientific software programs (including Microsoft Office, JMP or Prism, and Adobe Photoshop).
· Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills (written and oral) with demonstrated ability to present ideas, information and data effectively via one-on-one discussions, team meetings, and external partnership interactions.
We are 4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT) -- a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. Our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
While AAV gene therapy pioneers are making great strides with the first wave of products, hurdles still exist with the use of 1st & 2nd generation vectors (naturally occurring primitive viral capsids). 4DMT’s next-generation Therapeutic Vector Evolution platform generates targeted, optimized and proprietary AAV vectors that have the potential to overcome the delivery and immunological challenges currently facing the field, ultimately unlocking the full potential of gene therapy.
We invite all of you who share our passion and vision in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure severe genetic and rare diseases with high unmet medical need. We seek the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers uniquely generous benefits and provides challenging opportunities for career development.