Manager, Financial Reporting
Experienced Financial Reporting Manager reporting to the Corporate Controller. This role requires previous exposure to SEC reporting and active involvement in monthly and quarterly financial closing, reporting and disclosure preparation. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. A minimum of 3 years of experience in either corporate accounting/finance or public/private audit review is highly valued.
· Prepare and Review monthly financial and operating results and prepare analysis with direction from the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Controller.
· Record journal entries as appropriate to maintain ledgers in conformance with GAAP.
· Prepare estimates and analysis of company expenses including clinical trial estimates, preclinical projects, operating expenses and capital spending.
· Prepare account reconciliations
· Work with department and project leaders to understand spending patterns and adherence to internal controls and policies. Communicate monthly spending summaries to department managers.
· Assist in on boarding of new staff by educating them in company financial controls and policies.
· Support SEC Reporting requirements: prepare disclosure workpapers as needed support SEC research as required.
· Perform SOX Control testing as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED.
· Experience with SEC Reporting is REQUIRED.
· Previous Monthly and Quarterly Financial Closing is REQUIRED.
· Audit experience as client contact/lead or auditor is REQUIRED
· Individual must be organized, detail-oriented, proactive, team player.
· Attention to detail and adherence to reporting deadlines are highly valued
· Biotech experience is highly valued.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, growing and high-volume environment.
· Strong computer knowledge in excel spreadsheets and word processing required.
· Experience with an ERP implementation is considered advantageous.