Scientist - Electrophysiology, Calcium Imaging and Automation
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biotechnology company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays that model disorders of the nervous system using patient-derived and genetically-engineered neural cell types for the discovery of novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFire® technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we're looking for:
We seek a highly motivated Scientist to lead our technology team around electrophysiology assays. The successful applicant has strong experience in design and execution of assays that measure electrical properties of neural networks, such as patch-clamping, multielectrode array recordings, and/or calcium imaging. He/she is also enthusiastic about leading a small team to perform compound screens and to develop platform automation. Applicants must feel comfortable with the fast pace of a small biotech company and have the flexibility to work on multiple projects.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small team in the design and execution of assays including patch-clamp and multielectrode arrays
- Spearhead the assessment and implementation of high-throughput calcium imaging technology
- Assist in the development and implementation of platform automation
- Provide hands-on assistance and support in ongoing small molecule screens on established electrophysiology platforms
- Work with scientists across teams and disease programs for optimal assay design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of the results
- Interact with CROs and vendors for assay implementation and optimization
- PhD in biological sciences, physics or engineering, with 3-5 years of relevant technical experience and immersion in the neurosciences
- Organized and detail-oriented mind-set, excellent record keeping
- Ability to work within and across small teams efficiently
- Self-starter, enthusiastic about trouble-shooting and process optimization under the guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Clear written and verbal communication across all levels of the team
- Experience with cell culture, particularly human neuronal cultures
- Experience with HTS assay design and automation
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech lab environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
NeuCyte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and celebrating diversity.