Director, Translational Medicine
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Director, Translational Medicine to join our R&D Organization in Marlborough, MA.
The Director of Translational Medicine will contribute to the TMED group's mission of providing a strong scientific link between Discovery and Clinical research and Medical Affairs (CRMA) to develop an implement strategies which will enable Sunovion to make more rapid and effective decisions in Phase 1-3 clinical development of medicines to treat CNS disorders. This position will play a key role in Sunovion's approach to utilizing an array of tools such as bioinformatics, biomarkers, in vivo imaging techniques and unique disease model development creating a more effective bridge between discovery research and clinical R&D.
- Collaborate with Experimental Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling and Simulation and Program teams on approaches to define pharmacologic mechanisms of action and achieve sufficient clinical evidence of efficacy in humans to support the target and or compound for late stage development.
- Interface with Clinical Operations, Biostatistics and Clinical Data Management as well as New Product Planning groups.
- Present programs at internal review and strategy meetings.
- Attend scientific meetings , prepare manuscripts, and deliver presentations of scientific findings.
- Define work processes to ensure flexible and highly efficient trial throughputs.