Paralegal, Intellectual Property
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Paralegal, Intellectual Property to join our Legal Organization in Marlborough, MA.
Responsibility for the implementation, enhancement, integrity and maintenance of the docketing database and electronic files, as well as preparing patent/trademark docket reports and IP portfolio reports.
- Daily processing of incoming and outgoing correspondence (including correspondence with outside counsel, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, foreign patent offices).
- Ensuring that all docket dates and all patent/trademark related deadlines are met.
- Review of files and assistance with any file transfers.
- Working closely with the legal team to develop, implement, and maintain docketing processes, procedures and policies for invention disclosures, patents, and patent applications.
- Maintain accuracy and timely payment of annuities.
- Gathering prior art and preparing Information Disclosure Statements (IDS) in timely manner.
- Track/obtain signatures on assignments, Plan of Action (POAs), etc. in a timely manner.
- Organize and maintain legal files, and perform additional projects as assigned.