Senior Research Associate / Research Associate, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated, conscientious, and talented individual with experience in Immunology or a related field. This person will assist our immunology teams in performing in vitro and ex vivo experiments to characterize primary and iPSC-derived CAR-T cells. This is a full-time position located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego.
- Execute in vitro cellular assays utilizing flow cytometry, including the phenotypic and functional characterization of various CAR-T cells and tumor cell lines
- Transduction and electroporation of primary T cells
- Expansion and cryopreservation of CAR-T cells
- ELISA or MSD analysis of cytokine/chemokine secretion
- Genetic engineering of primary and/or iPSC-derived CAR-T cells and tumor cell lines
- Data collection, analysis, and detailed record keeping
- Presentation of data to immunology groups and larger program-specific teams
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or other related fields and 3+ years of laboratory experience in an academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting
- Coordination with multiple Scientists across programs for scheduling and execution of experiments
- In-depth experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience with cell culturing, ideally with various assays for primary T and CAR-T cell effector function including target cell killing, cytokine production, and expansion
- Experience with genetic modification of cell lines is highly desirable
- Excellent communication, organization, and data analysis skills are a must
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute, and a team-oriented attitude
Working conditions and physical requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com and reference 249EP.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing next-generation cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-associated antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.