Research Associate I/II
The department of Biology and Pharmacology is currently seeking a motivated Research Assistant/Associate to participate in drug discovery research. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with senior scientists to develop and execute pharmacodynamic and disease mechanism models designed to assess the pharmacological activity of novel molecules. The successful candidate should have the ability and willingness to work in a variety of therapeutic areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research Associate should have strong in vitro / in vivo skills. Ability to provide scientific inputs for new assay/ experimental model development.
- Data collection, evaluation and documentation
- Rodent handling, dosing, and dissections
- Basic rodent surgeries
- Surgical/Assay preparation
- Assay monitoring
- Compound formulation, dilutions, dose calculations
- Use of MS Excel, Word, and Graphpad® Prism software
- Presentation of experimental findings to colleagues
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline, and at least one year of drug discovery experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical or academic setting
- Sound understanding of animal physiology and anatomy
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in handling, dosing and induction of anesthesia in small animals
- Knowledge in vitro assays, multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, MSD-based assays, and AlphaLISA is a plus
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment
The incumbent may be required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time. The incumbent may be required to climb, bend, lift, carry and kneel. The incumbent will also spend a some time looking at the computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate office equipment.