Associate Director, Project Lifecycle Management
Own the service and improvement of Infrastructure Service Delivery, Disaster recovery and IT lifecycle management. This role will have impact and influence across the BTO domains.
Service Delivery Management (SDM)
- Prioritize and manage the total infrastructure project portfolio. Understand opportunities for possible synergies in application release schedules, while keeping in mind the uniqueness of each business unit. Ensure that all IT infrastructure related technology, data, audit, compliance, disaster recovery, and business continuity initiatives are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Leveraging Automation, Develop and deploy a standard global service request process to support optimal delivery and develop a supply/demand forecasting process for infrastructure resources, services and equipment.
- Develops and monitors key Infrastructure metrics. Use benchmarking studies to assist in the creation and performance of these key metrics.
o Partner with the PMO leader to ensure metrics and reporting analytics are optimal and robust for SDM, LCM and DR
o Develop BI tools and databases for easy, relevant access to above information e.g. SLA performance, on-time delivery, and resource forecast/demand
- Own Infrastructure Communication and Change Management strategy to keep end customers (BTOs/users) informed about new features, operational capabilities and improvements delivered by Infrastructure.
- Responsible for bu siness continuity and disaster recovery design planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and execution (if necessary).
- Maintain Disaster Recovery infrastructure and documentation (disaster recovery and resumption plans), ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected according to their SLAs.
- In partnership with SecOps, schedule, run, and report on Annual Disaster Recovery tests.
IT Life Cycle Management (LCM)
- Optimize LCM efficiencies/inefficiencies across the businesses, champion LCM governance, governance, prioritization, templates, tracking and metrics to support on-time launches and availability of new technology services to our customers.
- Ensure a robust proactive IT lifecycle management strategy is in place for AbbVie. Drive reduction in technical debt, and partner with BTO partners to stay "current" by including lifecycle in LRP planning.
- Partner with Infrastructure and BTO leadership to define a lifecycle roadmap for key systems
- Liaison and relationship building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology leaders. Focus on project and operational decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups within infrastructure and across BTOs and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrates the AbbVie Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision goals and strategies.
- Experience designing, developing, managing, and monitoring IT Infrastructure policy, programs, procedures, standards as well as adherence to existing Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Ability to anticipate potential risks, developing corresponding contingency plans, and managing important unplanned events or disruptions.
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to BTS Leadership and end users at all levels.
- Strong technical engineering ability to support and guide staff with respect to projects being executed. Influencing in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to engage with senior level leadership effectively, facilitate discussions about complex topics, influence effectively, and reach agreement.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and 10+ years of experience. Masters degree and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Effectively connects employee and BTS functional goals to business and/or overall AbbVie goals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Experience managing teams of at least 10 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers.
- Extensive experience with outsourcing/offshoring including demand management, forecasting and vendor management.