Technical Proposal Writer
Aragen Bioscience is a leading Contract Research Organization focused on accelerating product development with high quality science, professionalism and innovation. Our integrated service offerings include: antibody discovery, recombinant protein production and purification, stable cell line development, upstream and downstream process development, protein characterization/analytics, in-vivo animal models, and ex vivo and in vitro assays.
Aragen is looking for a Technical Proposal Writer with a scientific background sufficient to gain a thorough understanding of Aragen’s service offerings, price guidelines and timelines. This individual will conceptualize, develop, describe and refine the research workplan to meet the customer’s study goals, integrate input for the scientific teams, and incorporate it into an appropriately formatted document with costs, timeline and standard legal terms and conditions. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Review Request For Proposals (RFP) from clients. These may be in document form or through participating in discussions with sales team members, technical staff and/or customers
• Draft scientific workplans to meet the customer’s study goals
• Incorporate information about study timelines, deliverables and costs
• Insure legal terms and conditions are consistent in all documents
• Meet due dates for submitting competitive bids
• Demonstrate an understanding of program requirements for the research and development of biologic reagents and therapeutics
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively between sales, technical and finance teams
• Self-motivated individual with great attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines with a first-time-right attitude
• Ability to prioritize tasks and timelines in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Required Education and Experience:
• Degree in Biological Sciences, MS or higher preferred
• 8+ years of industry experience in scientific research, technical and/or grant writing
Aragen Bioscience provides a stimulating work environment in which talented employees expand their technical skills and scientific knowledge and contribute directly to the ongoing success of the organization. The Company is located in Morgan Hill, California, at the south end of the Silicon Valley. We offer excellent salary and benefits. Aragen is an equal opportunity employer.