Associate Scientist/Senior Research Associate, Genomics
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with a strong background in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics. The candidate will play a key role in Fate’s Genomics Core developing novel NGS assays to perform genomic and transcriptomic characterization of Fate’s iPSC derived, off-the-shelf NK and T cell prodcuts. The successful candidate must have strong expertise in standard molecular biology techniques including the isolation and QC of DNA and RNA and the generation of NGS libraries (e.g., DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, Methyl-seq, Chip-seq, etc.). The position will require innovative thinking, strong independent and collaborative research abilities, and excellent oral and written communication skills. This is a full-time, bench-level position reporting to the Associate Director, Genomics and is located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Perform general molecular biology tasks including nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA handling, quantitation and quality assessment techniques.
- Assessment of RNA gene expression using qRT-PCR and/or digital PCR.
- Conduct NGS protocols including, but not limited to, sample QC, library preparation and targeted amplicon NGS.
- Assess the quality and quantity of respective NGS libraries using appropriate equipment (Qubit, Bioanalyzer, Tapestation, and qPCR).
- Operating Next Generation Sequencers (Illumina Nextseq and Miseq).
- Develop and/or optimize single-cell NGS assays or genomics methods under direct supervision.
- Write, review, revise, and follow SOPs within the document management system.
- Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date lab records and notebooks.
- B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related discipline plus 5+ years hands-on laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience in standard molecular biology techniques including the isolation and manipulation of both DNA and RNA is required.
- Extensive experience with standard quantification assays such as PCR, qPCR, qRT-PCR and digital PCR.
- Experience with Illumina platforms, including the generation and sequencing of libraries is required.
- Experience in working with FFPE and other clinical sample handling is preferred.
- Experience with high throughput robotics (e.g., Agilent Bravo, Biomek FXP, Hamilton Star, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent creativity, technical decision-making, and trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated good organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with blood and cell lines of human and animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code 263DR.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of NK cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, with a focus on developing universal, off-the-shelf cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-associated antigens. The Company’s first iPSC-derived NK cell product candidates include FT500, which is currently being clinically investigated for the treatment of advanced solid tumors, and FT516, for which the Company is preparing to initiate clinical investigation for the treatment of certain hematologic malignancies. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.