Senior Associate, Strategic Pricing & Contracting, Managed Care (4 positions)
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, active career development and coaching, and individual rewards. As a member of the US Strategic Pricing & Contracting (SPC) team, this Senior Associate is integral to Amgen's financial sales performance. The Senior Associate will lead pricing and contracting activities for Amgen's top regional Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. They will serve as SPC's single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for the MCO customers they support.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. They will be the primary contract owner for their MCO client responsibilities. The Senior Associate will also contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses.
- Facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal committees such as Oversight Committee for key regional MCO customers
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account representative (OCT), Legal and other SPC stakeholders
- Inform the SPC pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Ensure accuracy of all financial analytics as they apply to MCO customers
- Participate in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Collaborate with OCT, customers, Legal, Finance, and SPC teams as necessary
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
Associates degree and 6 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- Experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.