Senior Research Associate
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our drug discovery research group as a Senior Research Associate. The selected candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of energetic researchers. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to work independently to conceptualize, design and meticulously carry out in vitro and in vivo assays.
- S./M.S. degree in Biology or Biochemistry and 5 yrs. (B.S.) or 3 yrs. (M.S.) post-graduate experience engaged in bench research
- Attractive track record of innovative research and scientific publications in areas of liver and/or pancreas diseases
- Proven hands-on experience with animal models of liver and pancreas disease, with a strong focus on NASH and diabetes
- Strong knowledge in molecular biology/biochemistry is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.