Associate Director, Decision Support
The Associate Director, Decision Support facilitates and leads a deep-dive project team generally for single-asset decision analysis projects, develops insights and presents results. Independently facilitates data collection and assessments for 1-2 therapeutic areas for portfolio and LRP process, and contributes to portfolio analyses. May perform other duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Facilitate and lead project teams on single-asset decision or other strategic analysis projects. Apply the methods of decision analysis or other analytic best practices to structure the decision problem, analyze the data, and develop results and insights. Facilitate/manage decision team meetings to effectively convey and obtain information necessary for successful completion of analyses. Perform data gathering by interviewing relevant experts to obtain information necessary for successful co
- Construct deterministic and probabilistic decision analysis, portfolio, LRP and other strategic models/dashboards to accurately reflect technical and commercial interactions of a project / asset. Confirm accuracy of model by performing logic testing. Utilize model to develop results and insights.
- Facilitate portfolio / LRP data collection for 1-2 therapy areas. Contribute to development and execution of process, timelines, tools and templates for the portfolio prioritization and LRP processes, as well as other decision and strategic analyses.
- Provide decision analysis support for AbbVie pipeline teams, including development of dynamic financial models and generation / communication of key insights using Monte Carlo simulations, decision trees, sensitivity analyses, waterfall/tornado charts, etc.
- Keep abreast of DA and Operations Research literature and attend and contribute to conferences and symposia on DA and Portfolio Analysis.
- Potential to direct a Decision Analyst for a specific assignment(s) as dictated by business need.
- Scientific background, advanced degree desired (e.g. PhD, MBA) in physical or Decision Sciences, or 2+ years of demonstrated acumen in related field (e.g. consulting experience)
- Proficiency with decision analysis techniques and software typically used in decision analysis modeling (e.g. Precision Tree, Crystal Ball), strongly preferred
- Ability to interpret internal / external business challenges and take a broad perspective to exercise judgment in the identification and implementation of innovative solutions
- Superior communication skills, adept at communicating with senior leadership
- Experience in team leader and facilitation role; organizational and project management skills commensurate with conducting a single decision project at a time
- Strong, general leadership skills including diplomacy, conflict resolution and risk management
- Experience relevant to the pharmaceutical industries strongly preferred; able to recognize and understand issues related to pharmaceutical R&D and commercialization
- Completion of SDG Inc. "Decision Consulting Workshop" or equivalent preferred