IT Release Management Consultant
The IT Release Management Consultant role is accountable for managing the end-to-end release process to promote the highest level of quality in a technology implementation/release. This role is responsible for coordination of overall release effort which includes managing all cross-functional team dependencies and accounting for business priorities to define, construct, certify and schedule an application/change release into the production environment. This role validates release schedules and approves emergency releases.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all cross-functional team dependencies and consider business priorities when scoping, planning and certifying an application/change release into the production environment.
- Analyze and communicate likely impacts of the new release to technology and business areas.
- Work with production application managers/delivery team leads to ensure scheduled changes take place with little or no impact to the business (and when applicable with proper notification to the business).
- Ensure that policy, regulatory and control requirements are satisfied though execution of standard transition checklists and procedures.
- Ensure all application documentation is properly updated and signoff has been received at each phase of the cycle.
- Adhere to configuration management standards and methodologies when overseeing the software
- development cycle through test environments and production implementation.
- Manage all aspects of the end to end build and release process.
- Plan and manage changes and other deployment activities following change management, configuration management, project management and ITIL processes as per customer policies and procedures.
- Produce and manage a forward looking timeline for release windows and cycles across a portfolio of applications.
- Conduct Release readiness, milestone, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Preferred: Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Required: Minimum of 8 years of combined experience in Information Technology.
- Required: Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Required: Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Required: Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Preferred: Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification. Preferred: ITIL Intermediate Certification in Release, Control and Validation.
- Preferred: Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred: Strong problem resolution skills.