Patient Services, Care Model Lead
AbbVie US Commercial Business Technology Solutions organization is looking for a Care Model Lead to join the immunology and Oncology Patient Services team. As a member of the team, this role will act as the Business System Consultant for the Care Models for Patient Services. The resource will work closely with stakeholders to understand the business needs, understand the product profile and challenges related to patient outreach and access. The resource will work closely with business PMO and BTS technical teams to manage the project schedules for projects related to product launches and various tactics planned by the business teams.
- Elicits and communicates the organization's business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Work with Patient services team on mapping patient journeys, identifying unmet needs of patients across the patient journey and conceptualize the technology solutions to address the unmet needs
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
- Manages relationships between clients involved, brokers services within BTS community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Understand the Brand and it's needs as they relate to patient services.
- Works with a variety of partners to understand business requirements, build and maintain the product backlog, and successfully lead projects through their respective lifecycles.
- Manage product roadmaps for features and capabilities to ensure alignment of business-critical product development efforts with strategic business plans
- Work with business teams to understand business cases and business goals in order to execute the vision
- Partner with and serve as a liaison between Business PMO, BTS, other internal partners and external vendors to ensure products are meeting marketing strategies and objectives
- Assist with the implementation of projects to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project timeline
- Communicates project status to BTS management and business stakeholders
- Provides risk assessment and help drive contingency plans.
- Track and remove team's impediments. Identify the true source of obstacles and demonstrate skill overcoming difficult obstacles impacting the team. Anticipate and prevent potential obstacles before they occur
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure strong cross-group collaboration
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- 8- 10 years overall experience with 5+ years acting a project manager required.
- Prior experience working in a Pharmaceutical sector is preferred.
- Prior experience working directly with business client is a must.
- Technology background with good understand of IT change management/deployment process is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to tailor a presentation to the audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner.