The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in laboratory and office areas
- Clean and wash windows, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures stairwells, fire doors, bath-and restrooms
- Vacuum, dust and wet mop floors, spray buff, strip and refinish floors, clean carpets
- Operate autoclaves
- Operate industrial power equipment
- Requires an eighth-grade education or higher
- Operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning
- Read and understand written instructions
- Ability to perform physical duties including:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Knowledge of stripping and waxing procedures for hard surfaced floors