Senior Research Associate - Stem Cell Experience Required
Senior Research Associate, Cell Culture
South San Francisco, CA
Job Description. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to contribute towards the development of therapeutics for treating degenerative diseases. The candidate must have extensive experience in mammalian cell culture including specific experience with stem cell culture and differentiation protocols. The position requires excellent written and verbal skills. Candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented with excellent data collection and data management skills. As a tissue culture research associate at Stratacuity, you’ll work under the supervision of our Senior scientist to support and expand Stratacuity cell engineering program.
Essential Job Functions and Job Requirements:
- Small and large-scale culture of mammalian and stem cell lines
- Generation and differentiation of iPS-cell derived cell lines
- Participate in the design and optimization of co-culture models
- Perform cell-based assays such as migration, proliferation, apoptosis and endocytosis
- Manage material inventory for all cell culture activities
- Manage more than one type of cell culture at a given time
- Troubleshoot complex problems in creative and effective ways; actively participate with innovation and/or optimization of established processes to ensure project timelines are met.
- Compile, process and analyze data; record research procedures and results; file and maintains records.
- BS/MS in Biology, Neuroscience, or related field.
- 2-5 years with BS or 0-2 years with MS of biotechnology industry experience required.
- Experience in cell processing and harvest
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical manipulations using aseptic technique
- Prior work with mammalian tissue culture practices including iPS -derived cultures is required
- Proficiency in developing and running-in vitro cell-based functional assays
- 3D culture and organoid culture experience is preferred
- Experience in immunology, immunostaining is desirable
- A strong interest in developing treatments for neurodegenerative diseases
- Well organized, detail-oriented data collection and data management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to do scientific work independently as well as part of a team, to multitask and demonstrate flexibility, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and energetic start-up environment
- Stratacuity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.