Scientist, Chemistry/Chemical Biology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will be able to lead hit-to-tool chemistry efforts while managing outsourced chemistry resources. The successful candidate will also have a functional understanding of biochemical/cellular assay principles and be able to work together with a biologist to design and execute a plan to characterize molecules for their effects on target function, including the effective application of Vividion’s chemical proteomics platform capabilities. Title will commensurate with experience.
Experience and education requirements:
- PhD +/- post doctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry or related field
- Industry experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with the design and execution of synthetic routes to generate small molecules, especially as applied to compounds with biological activity
- An ability to understand structure/function relationships and assay relevance in small molecule drug discovery and tool compound generation
- Strong interest in biology and/or biochemistry with a demonstrated ability to contribute both to assay design as well as execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues across disciplines to meet broad project goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, organized, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in pdf format referencing job SCCB2019.05.15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.