Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA®). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking a Purchasing Supervisor to analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. He or she will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales and manufacturing projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for the purchasing team.
- Manage the day-to-day purchasing activities to process requisitions and purchase orders for materials and equipment in compliance with the company policies/procedures.
- Work with Planning to determine and execute appropriate purchasing and inventory levels based on current and forecasted demand.
- Work with outside suppliers to ensure a consistent supply or required materials and equipment and mitigate the impact of any delays or other supply issues.
- Support Global Strategic Sourcing on reporting, supplier performance, risk management and contracting activities.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing process that will improve supply assurance and possibly lower the cost of doing business.
- As part of the Supply Chain organization, support ongoing process improvements across the function.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 4+ years of purchasing management experience in pharmaceutical or other regulated and GxP environment(s).
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge of inventory management.
- ERP software experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborative working style.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.