Senior Research Associate - Microinjection Specialist
Our Client, a bay area leader in stem cell research and specialty genome services is looking for a motivated microinjection specialist. This position is responsible for the animal model division, conducting transgenic animal production through microinjection of DNA/RNA/protein into pronuclear stage embryos or making chimeric animals with injection of targeted ESCs into morula/blastocysts.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences or Animal Science. Master degree in the related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of mammalian genetics.
- Proficient in transgenic production including rodent handling, sampling, microinjection, embryo transfer, IVF, and gamete/embryo cryopreservation.
- Minimum of one-year of microinjection experience, such as a weekly injection in an institutional transgenic core. Industry experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with animal survival surgery.
- Familiar with general lab operations such as pipetting, centrifuge, and biohazardous disposal etc.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient at MS Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily projects running with animal superovulation, embryo harvesting, microinjection, and embryo transfer to pseudo pregnant recipients.
- Carry out IVF, cryopreservation, and associated procedures for R&D and service projects.
- Assist with animal colony management including tracking animal pregnancy, wean, and setting up breeding.
- Organize and maintain laboratory notebooks and records including methods, procedures, protocols, reports, samples log and storage, and data storage.
- Work according to safety regulations and facility protocols.
- Support other departments as needed.