Associate Director/Director, Field Medical Training
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
The AD/Director of Field Medical training will lead and implement training systems, processes and tools. Full execution of scientific knowledge development, new hire training, skills training for field medical personnel – scientific exchange, HEOR, and MSL job related skill areas. Identify, train and leverage best practices and approaches across Insmed Field Medical.
- Lead the development of therapeutic training materials in collaboration with therapeutic area partners (internal and external) to ensure the content is aligned with goals, functional area needs, and overall strategic objectives
- Ensure that therapeutic training materials are updated in a timely manner
- Lead the design of a cross-functional training strategies for both new hires and ongoing learning that enhances the skill, technical/scientific product knowledge, job capabilities and competencies of Field Medical Affairs personnel
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement to consistently enhance/modify existing programs, application of innovative training initiatives and technology platforms
- Support the implementation of the new hire onboarding initiatives including development and maintenance of materials that facilitate efficient assimilation, learning development, and supporting the coaching of new hires to success
- Optimize how Medical Affairs utilizes the learning management systems, leveraging emerging training innovations when appropriate to ensure optimal outcomes
- Responsible for associated budgets of training programs and initiatives
- Serves as a key clinical/scientific resource to the field and internal colleagues by providing ongoing product and disease state education via live training or video conferencing
- Work in close collaboration with team members from across Medical Affairs, HR, IT, Clinical Development, Compliance/Legal, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the quality of training through formal and informal methods; collect and report on data gathered to inform program development and maintain relevance to job skills.
- Serve as the central point of contact, provide vendor management leadership, support and direction to external vendors and partners who are building learning assets for the Field Medical team.
- PharmD, MD, PhD preferred
- 5 Years Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry experience
- Demonstrated successful MSL experience
- Training experience strongly preferred
- Respiratory or infectious disease, and orphan/rare disease experience
- Ability to develop and execute strategic training and development plans
- Maintain excellent knowledge of how people learn (i.e., adult learning theories), instructional design models, state of Learning and Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Strategic thinking and highly effective analytic skills
- Project/program management experience and demonstrated competency
- Organizational agility – ability to work cross-functional, ability to achieve results through others
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and demonstrated group facilitation and classroom presentation skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.