Associate Director, User Experience
As the Associate Director, UX, you will nurture and scale a creative, design thinking culture ready to deliver Abbvie's next-generation digital solutions. This position requires a strong leader and connector with a consistent record of developing digital assets for global organizations with extensive R&D and B-to-C commercial functions.
- Do you love developing compelling visions and resource worthy plans that tackle meaningful problems?
- Do you love applying your deep practical knowledge of human centered design and UX approaches to help teams deliver delightful digital experiences?
- Do you love working collaboratively with diverse and agile technical teams?
If so, you may be an excellent fit for this role at AbbVie. Join our mission to sustainably improve the lives of patients. This position reports to the Director of IT Innovation at AbbVie's global headquarters in Lake County, IL.
- Help define and own the user experience practice for AbbVie's enterprise IT function
- Build a practical design practice that appropriately pairs the right approaches with project size to achieve high quality outcomes at reasonable cost
- Form, lead, and influence complementary teams of internal and external resources to offer an enterprise scale UX practice and services
- Utilize your strong business insight, intuition, and presentation skills to keep key partners and division leadership well-informed of progress and impact
Some intangibles we value (and hope you value too):
- We are intrinsically curious and not afraid to pursue new ideas that challenge status quo
- We value customer input and get solutions into their hands quickly, to learn from their wisdom and correct our mistakes
- We confidently convey what has worked well and what has not
- We possess the ideation and design skills needed to define the best paths forward prior to further development and investment
- A minimum of 10+ years industry/consulting or academic experience is required. A highly relevant BA + MS or MBA degree is preferred (Computer Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interface Design). It is expected that you will have a significant track record of leadership and solutions.
- At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled