Scientist - Purification/Characterization
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are recruiting a motivated scientist to join our Protein Sciences group.
- Skilled in purifying/characterizing recombinant proteins and antibodies produced from various expression systems, including bacterial, mammalian systems and hybridomas, ranging from milligram to gram scale using affinity and traditional chromatography
- Experience with membrane protein isolation/purification is highly desirable
- Research, develop and implement new technologies
- Work closely with Biologics/Biology research groups and project teams to achieve program goals
- Ph.D. with minimum 2 years of post-doctoral training, with a strong track record of contributions to the field of protein biochemistry
- Experience with biologics/large molecule drug discovery in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
- Broad experience in biochemistry, protein chemistry, structural biology, protein labeling and conjugation techniques
- Operation of AKTA FPLC purification systems. Skilled in protein and antibody characterization methods including: HPLC, LC/MS, SDS‐PAGE, DLS and other biophysical techniques.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"