Senior Manager, Bioanalytical
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
Immunoassay expert in assay development and troubleshooting with extensive hands on experience mainly focus on TK/PK and immunogenicity assays. Experience with Nab assays and biomarker assays is a plus. As Senior Manager reporting to the Director of Bioanalytical Group, directs assay development, method transfer, and sample analysis for non-clinical and clinical bioanalytical activities; assigns and monitors projects and supervises bioanalytical scientific staff. Assists Director to QC and review protocols, study data and reports generated by the group or CROs. Understands corporate goals and timelines and assumes responsibility to ensure they are met. Work extensively with internal groups and CROs to ensure the on time delivery and study quality.
- Supervisory responsibilities including training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; demonstrating commitment to quality; efficiently prioritizing and delegating workload.
- Function as Principal Investigator and/or Contributing Scientist as assigned.
- Provide accurate and timely project status/updates to management and to internal groups.
- Performs management review of data and communicate trends or anomalies in data.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to complete work assignments, build an effective team environment and utilize staff according to the strengths and skill sets.
- Willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of individual development plan.
- Presents experimental results to multidisciplinary, bioanalytical, regulatory and clinical team meetings.
- Directs and develops effective teams that are highly productive and work in an appropriately compliant environment to generate reliable and reproducible data under aggressive timelines.
- Develops direct reports; establishes goals and provides periodic performance feedback including conducting formal performance appraisals. Creates an environment which stimulates, develops, and promotes the scientific and career development of direct/indirect reports.
- Builds strong relationships and networks externally as well as internally with development area leaders, facilitating strategic alignment and collaborations with partners.
- Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them.
- PhD, 10+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 5+ years leading a bioanalytical team
- MS, 15+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 10+ years leading a bioanalytical team
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"