We are 4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT) -- a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. Our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions.
While AAV gene therapy pioneers are making great strides with the first wave of products, hurdles still exist with the use of 1st & 2nd generation vectors (naturally occurring primitive viral capsids). 4DMT’s next-generation Therapeutic Vector Evolution platform generates targeted, optimized and proprietary AAV vectors that have the potential to overcome the delivery and immunological challenges currently facing the field, ultimately unlocking the full potential of gene therapy.
4D is seeking an individual interested in pursuing a career in Facilities Management within the Biotech industry. The Facilities Associate will report directly to the Facilities and EH&S Lead and work closely with scientists and administrative staff.
- Work closely with 4DMT Facilities Lead to provide support for a variety of office and lab needs.
- Positively interact with employees, identifying maintenance projects in lab environment and office environments.
- Organize lab and office maintenance projects, coordinating with outside vendors to ensure maintenance is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to small scale facilities projects such as furniture assembly, plumbing (such as setting up tubing in the labs), general maintenance, wall hangings and shelving.
Other supportive tasks may include:
- Coordinate logistics related to scheduling of maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Provide general support with minor environmental, health, and safety compliance in the lab.
- Work in conjunction with hazardous and biohazardous waste company to remove waste from labs.
- As necessary, support facility operations during off hours in the event of equipment moves, emergency errands, maintenance and/or utilities disruption.
- Support the logistics of office moves and desk set-ups for new and current employees.
- Minor cleaning and janitorial duties may be required.
- High School diploma, GED equivalent, or higher.
- Experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical industry or other comparable field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ maintenance/facilities experience required, lab experience a plus.
- Familiarity with and ability to safely operate a variety of hand and electric equipment/tools.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient in relevant software: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, with MS Project a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally engage with a variety of teams and individuals across the organization in a customer-service oriented manner, but also work independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
We invite all of you who share our passion and vision in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure severe genetic and rare diseases with high unmet medical need. We seek the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers uniquely generous benefits and provides challenging opportunities for career development.