Scientist - Cell Screening
ABOUT THE ROLE...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join our R&D organization. You will be part of a team that is developing innovative approaches in plant cell biology and you will contribute by leveraging massively parallel cell-based screens from therapeutics to discover genetic variations that can be used to make agriculture more environmentally efficient and productive. You must enjoy a “start-up” atmosphere and be flexible, show initiative, good judgment and be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables. Previous experience in plant systems is not expected.
AS A HIGH THROUGHPUT CELL SCREENING SCIENTIST, YOU WILL....
- Scout for and establish novel, efficient and reliable methodologies and capabilities for plant cell and tissue-based high throughput screenings
- Work closely with the Next Generation Sequencing platform, genome editing team, and computational biology group to develop scaled, robust and tailored single cell CRISPR screening methods for plant systems
- Collaborate with project leaders to understand their needs and design relevant assays to support their projects
- Collaborate with scientists and lead research assistants to design experiments, analyze data and provide state of the art results to the R&D projects
- Interpret data; maintain an accurate, comprehensible, and current laboratory journal
- Communicate clearly results in written technical reports and oral presentations
- PhD or equivalent experience in an academic or industry context in life science, with an emphasis on cell-based assays, genomics and CRISPR technology
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with high-throughput CRISPR functional genomic screens
- Experience in designing vectors for the delivery of nucleic acid to single cells
- Deep understanding and expertise in diverse delivery methods for macromolecules
- A strong interest in applying molecular technologies developed for therapeutics to central problems in agriculture
- A keen appreciation of the utility of large sample sizes and the integration of next generation sequencing data with molecular screens
- Strong track record of developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong collaborative skills with a track record of being a good team player, with the ability to listen and understand the needs of the projects that use the cell-based screening platform
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong multitasking capability and attention to details
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- Openness to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback across multiple site locations.