Research Associate - In Vitro Physiology and Pharmacology
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biotechnology company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays for modelling neuro related disorders using patient-derived and genetically-engineered neural cell types to discover novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFire® technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we’re looking for:
NeuCyte is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our neuro drug discovery team. The successful applicant must have a strong experience in tissue culture and functional assays. Applicants must feel comfortable with the fast pace of a small biotech company and have the flexibility to work on multiple projects.
What you’ll do:
- Routine maintenance and preparation of human neuronal cultures for assays
- Compound testing using high-throughput multi-electrode array assay
- Assist in assay development and automation
- Assist with data management, processing and analysis
- Help with day to day laboratory duties
- BS or MS degree in biology related areas
- 2+ years hands-on experience on cell culture (neuronal culture preferred) and on functional cellular assays
- Proficiency in modern molecular biology and biochemistry skills
- Track record showing productivity and independence in the lab
- Degree in physiology, pharmacology, cell biology, or neuroscience
- Industry experience on assay automation and robotic systems
- Experience on electrophysiological readouts
- Competitive salary and benefits
NeuCyte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and celebrating diversity.