Scientist, Protein Engineering
Atreca is a dynamic biotechnology company located in Redwood City, California. We apply our Immune Repertoire Capture® (IRC™) technology to profile the clinically relevant, active B cell responses of patients and build a portfolio of tumor-targeted antibodies. These patient-derived antibodies fuel our discovery of novel targets and development of cancer immunotherapeutics.
We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial scientist to join our Protein Engineering group. The successful candidate will become a key member of the research team, leading engineering and optimization of antibodies identified from our IRC™ platform, including the development of novel bispecifics and other antibody-based formats.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead bispecific projects from concept through design, engineering, and validation
- Produce, characterize, and engineer antibodies and bispecifics
- Enable faster and higher-throughput cycles of design/build/test/learn
- Contribute to patents, publications, and technical reports
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- A degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or related discipline
- PhD plus 0-5 years of relevant biotech/biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Significant experience with recombinant protein production from HEK293 or CHO
- Significant experience with engineering bispecific antibodies is preferred
- Significant experience with yeast display is preferred
- Experience with Biacore or Octet is preferred
- Experience with cancer immunotherapy is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Track record of being innovative, adaptable, self-motivated, and scientifically rigorous
- Ability to work in a team, prioritize tasks, and drive projects to completion
Exact title commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.