Quality Control Associate
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a motivated professional with qPCR, flow cytometry and cell-based assay experience to support Fate’s clinical and manufacturing process development programs. The successful candidate will execute and analyze experiments to assess the characteristics of hematopoietic and stem cell-based therapeutics under cGMP environment. Candidates must have experience working with mammalian cell culture, and analysis of data from cell-based assays, especially qPCR or flow cytometry. This is a full-time position located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego.
- Perform flow cytometry, qPCR and other cell-based assays to support Fate’s clinical programs including testing of samples from ongoing clinical trials and from manufacturing processes
- Execute and analyze data from multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments
- Performing ELISA or MSD/Luminex testing
- Compile raw data, perform data trending, and write detailed comprehensive summary reports of assay development and quality control activities
- Provide support in document and SOP review, data entry, and data analysis
- Assist with general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment, and inventory
- B.S. degree in Biological Sciences or other related field with a minimum 2+ years of laboratory experience in clinical or biopharmaceutical setting
- Multicolor flow cytometry experience is a must; experience with the BD flow cytometers, BD FACSDiva software and FlowJo are strongly preferred
- Experience working with human blood and blood products using sterile technique, cell culture or other related experience
- Experience with ELISAs, electrochemiluminescence detection (MSD) assays, or RT-qPCR is a plus
- Familiarity with a GLP, GMP, or CLIA laboratory environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented with excellent record keeping abilities, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge about hematopoietic cell populations is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional evening and Saturday work will be required
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job 239AL.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing next-generation cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.