Nitto BioPharma Inc. San Diego, CA
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Research Associate
The successful candidate will join our research team as a critical team member to be involved in drug discovery research, and to execute in vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate new drug targets and novel drug candidates.
Major Job Functions/responsibilities
- Support the design, plan, and execute in vivo studies
- Perform routine study procedures; administer drugs via different routes (IV, SC, IP, PO, etc.) in rodents
- Work with rodents including dosing, bleeding and blood collection, tissue dissection and harvest, etc.
- Support the implementation and validation of animal studies
- Perform basic molecular biology work including tissue RNA and protein extraction, ELISA, qPCR, Western blot, etc.
- Analyze data using different software including Excel, and GraphPad Prism
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- BA/BS degree in life science and 2+ years of hands-on experience in in vivo experiments
- Strong attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge on computer software and the applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism)
- Experience with drug-discovery is a plus
- Experience with cell culture is a plus
Office/Lab environment. Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Nitto BioPharma Inc.
Why Work Here?
55-person small company atmosphere but with stable 100-year-old parent company backing. 30k employees globally; headquartered in Japan.
Description Company Overview: Nitto BioPharma, Inc., is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Clinical assets include a liver fibrosis program (BMS-986263/ND-L02-s0201), partnered with BMS and in Phase 2 in the US, an Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis program (ND-L02-s0201) in Phase 2 in the US and Europe and Oncology program (NBF-006) in Phase 1 in the US . Nitto BioPharma is also advancing several programs for intractable diseases including Oncology and fibrosis.