Scientist, Structural Biology
Scientist, Structural Biologist
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Structural Biologist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience throughout the gene to structure process and generating high-resolution protein-ligand crystal structures.
Experience and education requirements:
- PhD in Biochemistry or related field
- Ideal candidate will have 1+ years in industry setting
- Extensive experience in protein construct design, expression, purification and characterization for a variety of protein classes
- Demonstrated ability to apply biochemical and biophysical approaches to support structural characterization of small molecule-protein complexes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure structural work meets the program needs
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, organized, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter referencing job SSB2019.05.02 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.