Vice President Clinical Pharmacology
Robert Half Executive Search has been exclusively retained by an International leader in Biopharma innovation to unearth a talented, Vice President Clinical Pharmacology. Our client is enjoying exciting activity in the corners of the globe and has amassed the largest compound portfolio covering all major therapeutic areas. They have emerged as the partner-of-choice in maximizing the value of biopharmaceutical innovation by developing both early and late stage drug candidates primarily in oncology and cardiovascular disease.
Our client is seeking a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual to take an active role in the drafting of plans for clinical trials and the creation of guidelines for prescribing drugs in development by the Company. The VP will report to the Global Head of Research and Development and will be responsible for the planning and direction of Clinical Pharmacology components of clinical programs (including clinical development plan/life cycle plan) and studies (including synopsis and protocol preparation; clinical phase oversight, reporting).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to representing Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics on development project teams, leading the development of clinical pharmacology strategies and the execution of clinical pharmacology studies and exposure-response and population pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) analyses and contributing to the development of clinical study concepts and protocols, clinical study reports, and relevant components of regulatory submission documents.
This position is based in the San Diego office and works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all functional areas and global office sites is essential.
• An advanced degree (PhD, MD, or PharmD) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy, life sciences, or other related fields
• 6+ years relevant experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with regulatory interactions
• Experience with oncology and immunology drug development
• Experience with both small molecule and biologics drug development
• In-depth understanding of PK/PD, drug metabolism and clinical research concepts
• Strong theoretical background and hands-on experience interpreting clinical dose-response and PK-PD data to inform clinical study designs and drug development decision making
• Proficiency with state of the art PK/PD modeling software
• Knowledge of regulatory guidance related to clinical pharmacology
Compensation includes a competitive salary and benefits.
If interested or able to recommend any potential prospects and/or sources, please contact:
Tricia Jamieson, Senior Associate, by email on email@example.com