Technical Business Development Manager
The Technical Manager, Business Development will primarily be responsible for supporting ABL’s Sales team to successfully close business and meet business targets by providing technical expertise and managing internal resources to advance the Sales cycle. Through these efforts, the Technical Manager, Business Development will help grow ABL into one of the top CMO’s in the biopharmaceutical market through the implementation of robust strategic and tactical Sales support and Marketing activities.
Provide technical support to the Sales team to streamline lead generation and qualification. Drive new business growth by building pipeline opportunities working together with Sales.
- Provide technical support and collaboration with Sales, the Proposal team, technical experts and senior management to advance qualified leads through the Sales pipeline process.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to identify new market opportunities and strategies for business growth. Possess depth of knowledge of the biologics manufacturing market to contribute to the strategic direction of the company in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and senior management.
- Lead in Salesforce.com administration and data hygiene, and be responsible for Salesforce improvements, training, and reporting.
- As needed, develop sales opportunities and generate new leads for Sales Managers by researching and identifying potential accounts.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales-related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales productivity and achieve Company sales and revenue goals.
- Generate reports tracking Business Development key performance indicators.
- Assists in identifying bottlenecks and area of improvement in the Sales process.
- Supports Sales on client visits and other travel as a technical expert.
- Supports tradeshows and scientific conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or life sciences field is required. Advanced degree in a biotechnology-related field and/or MBA preferred. 5+ years of technical experience in GMP manufacturing or development of manufacturing processes for biologics is preferred. Experience in selling, marketing or managing process development and GMP manufacturing projects for a CMO a plus. Experience in supporting multiple sites located in the US and Europe preferred. Proven leadership track record including strategic thinking, driving innovation, teamwork and collaboration. Hands-on, action-oriented and client focused to drive results and support new business growth goals. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com, SAP CRM or Oracle CRM is desired along with MS Project and other Microsoft Office applications. Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including periodic international travel.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com, SAP CRM or Oracle CRM is desired along with MS Project and other Microsoft Office applications.