Senior Research Associate, Histology
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City/South San Francisco, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his basic science laboratory skills and expertise regarding histological tissue preparation and execution of tissue staining protocols (i.e.immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence and simple stains) to contribute to Atreca’s antibody-target characterization research. The position reports to the Senior Scientist of Histopathology. The candidate’s expertise with immunohistochemistry, other histological methods will help us to discover and characterize novel tumor antigens and develop anti-tumor drugs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize expertise in histology and cancer biology to evaluate and characterize antibody binding to carcinoma and normal tissues
- Evaluate antibody binding and optimize signal using a variety of methods including amplification and antigen retrieval techniques
- Responsible for tissue processing (FFPE and fresh frozen) and slide preparation
- Proper maintenance/tracking of collected samples and slides
- Perform staining and analyses of immunoreactive tumor and normal tissues
- Generate experimental results using microscopy and whole slide scanners
- Coordinate activities with project team members
- Discuss experiments and data to project team members
- General lab duties such as preparation of reagents and stocking of supplies
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- BS or MS, preferably in biology or related field; with at least 5 years of lab experience
- Absolutely Required: Extensive experience in tissue processing, histological slide preparation, and immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining in mammalian tissues
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience.
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.