Entry Level Chemist
We are seeking a QC Technician for a growing biotechnology company in the North Bay. If you have any quality or manufacturing experience please apply!
The Quality Control Technician focuses on the performance of analytical testing activities within the QC Chemistry lab. They are responsible for testing intermediate and finished chemical products, analyzing the results of Quality Control testing and comparing results to established specification and customer requirements. In addition, they perform testing and/or review of incoming goods.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Completing analytical Quality Control activities for chemical products in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensuring products tested adhere to established specifications and customer requirements for product release.
- Recommending product disposition and updating records associated with chemical products and incoming goods for review by QC management and Quality Assurance.
- Operating and maintaining standard equipment within the QC Chemistry laboratory (e.g. DNA synthesizers, HPLCs, spectrophotometers, IR, pH meters, Karl Fisher apparatus and Mass Spectrometers).
- Performing general laboratory maintenance and upkeep activities (e.g. loading buffers onto instruments, cleaning of the laboratory, etc.).
- Labeling products and incoming goods with an appropriate status label after product disposition (e.g. Approved, Rejected, etc).
- Interacting directly with the Manager of QC Chemistry to understand testing prioritization and obtain daily assignments.
- Performing standard laboratory operations, including but not limited to: dispensing chemicals, performing volumetric and gravimetric measurements, performing dilutions and preparing solutions for use in the QC Chemistry lab.
- Assisting in verifying and documenting Quality Control activities and procedures.
- May be called upon to draft or revise documentation associated with the Chemical QC process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to function as a team player as well as work independently with moderate supervision.
- Able to multi-task work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities
- Some instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, IR, MS) experience or knowledge preferred.
BA or BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical chemistry, or a related scientific discipline, or equivalent industry experience.