Associate Director, Business Analytics & Insights
The Associate Director / Director of Business Analytics & Insights will work collaboratively across functions to utilize advanced analytical methods to provide objective data analyses to address critical business issues and support strategic decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead short-, medium- and long-term forecasting for marketed products in collaboration with the sales and marketing team
- Lead new product forecasting in collaboration with colleagues in the Product Strategy & Commercial Planning group
- In collaboration with Finance, Development and Project Management, lead design and operation of an integrated simulation model for the company as part of the strategic planning process and portfolio optimization
- Collaborate on design and operation of forecasts and deal models to support Business Development activities
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to optimize segmentation and targeting efforts and assess promotion response patterns
- Lead assessment of epidemiology, retail, hospital, medical claims, EMR and other secondary data sources so as to best meet our business needs. Manage business relationships with data suppliers and collaborate with stakeholders across the company in using these data sources to improve decision making.
- Collaborate with IT&I to develop dashboards or other tools to make market data and other strategy & planning information easily accessible to senior management and project teams
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Product Strategy & Commercial Planning group to design quantitative primary market research studies including selection and management of vendors
- Collaborate with Finance and Market Access / Reimbursement on pricing analyses and gross-to-net projections
- Proven record of drawing insights from quantitative analyses to guide business decisions in the majority of areas outlined in the duties and responsibilities section of this job description.
- Strategic thinking and ability to integrate analytic results within the broader context for drug development and commercialization
- Expertise to lead selection of appropriate quantitative methodologies for a wide variety of business questions and willingness to do the hands-on work required to execute the resulting analyses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required – in particular the ability to summarize results from complex analyses in a concise manner for senior management
- Advanced degree in business, finance, economics, statistics or related field entailing significant expertise in quantitative methods is preferred. An undergraduate degree may be sufficient with significant relevant work experience.
- At least four years of forecasting or related experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry (which may include work as a consultant to the industry)
- Excellent Excel-based modeling capabilities required, and experience with other analytic tools such as Crystal Ball, SAS, SPSS, etc. desirable.
- Experience with market research (primary & secondary) including use of epidemiology, retail, hospital, medical claims, EMR and other secondary data sources
- Working knowledge of financial analysis principles (e.g., risk-adjusted NPV calculations)
- Experience working in alliances / partnerships desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams is required with a history of leadership, initiative and persistence in achieving organizational objectives.
No direct reports for this position are anticipated at this time.
The physical demands and environmental characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent may be required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Because of the volume of work performed by computer and telephone, the incumbent will spend a considerable amount of time looking at the computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate office equipment.
A moderate amount of travel may be required for this position (<20% of time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.